Beijing Private 3-Day Tour from Shanghai – by high-speed train
- Destination: Beijing
- Highlights: Take high-speed train from Shanghai to Beijing. 3-day tour of these well-known tourist sites in this ancient city. Savor authentic Peking Roast Duck and Peking Opera. Also high-speed train back to Shanghai. Budget as well as comfortable.
- Our Price: from US $405 Customize This Tour
|Place & Transport||Shanghai ->Beijing|
|Today's Activities||A driver will pick you up in your Shanghai hotel/apartment. Then drive to Shanghai train station. Board the high-speed train to Beijing. Train G102 (ETD07:00-ETA12:20)
After 5.5 hours on the comfortable train, you will be greeted by your Beijing tour guide upon arrival at Beijing train station. Drive to have lunch and then start your Beijing tour. Summer Palace is the first place to visit. It is largest imperial garden extant in the world, with a large-scale and priceless collection of cultural artifacts. Then proceed to Qianmen Street. The street has a history of over 570 years. After the renovation in 2008, it is now 840 meters in length and 21 meters in width and the buildings along two sides resemble architecture style of late Qing Dynasty (1644 -1911).
Savor Peking Roast Duck in Quanjude Restaurant on Qianmen Street.
|Attractions:||Beijing Qianmen Street Summer Palace|
|Meals:||Lunch + Dinner|
|Place & Transport||Beijing|
|Today's Activities||The tour guide and the driver pick you up in hotel this morning. And then drive to Great Wall – Badaling section. It takes around 1.5-hour driving to Badaling from Beijing downtown. Start hiking on the Great Wall (around 2 hours) upon arrival, alongside you will pass scenic spots such as Badaling fortress, beacon-towers, etc.
Drive to a local restaurant for lunch. And this afternoon, you will visit Dingling – the mausoleum of Emperor Wan Li of Ming Dynasty. It is the best-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years history. Among Ming Tombs, it is the only one built with an underground palace.
Get driven back to the downtown. On the way you will stop at Bird Nest (National Stadium) for a while. View only outside and no entry.
Dinner will be on your own. And then the tour guide will escort you to amazing Peking Opera show in Liyuan Theatre and back to hotel after the show.
|Attractions:||Badaling Great Wall Ming Tombs|
|Place & Transport||Beijing -> Shanghai|
|Today's Activities||Continue your Beijing sightseeing this morning. With the tour guide, today in Beijing you will visit Temple of Heaven, the largest architectural group in the world for worshiping heaven and prayed for good harvests, also a masterpiece of the Ming and Qing architectural art and a precious example of China's ancient architecture. After lunch you’ll visit the Forbidden City, widely known as the Imperial Palace. It was ever the permanent residence of the emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Civilians were ever not allowed to entre the buildings, hence its name Forbidden City. This is the largest palace complex in the world now. You have the plenty of time to appreciate those treasures in the city. Tiananmen Square is part of the palace complex. You will have some free time on the square today, to explore this world’s largest city plaza.
After the day tour, you will be driven to Beijing train station. Board the high-speed train back to Shanghai.
A driver in Shanghai will pick you up at Shanghai train station and transfer you back to your Shanghai address. Tour service completes then.
Train G21 (ETD17:00-ETA21:55)
1. This is a private tour exclusive to you and your travel companions. No other travelers join in your group.
2. There will be two shopping stops during the day tour. Please contact us to get new proposal if you want a no-shopping tour.
3. The train information is for reference only. We will book the train according to the real-time availability. So the sightseeing sequence is subject to change according to the final train schedule.
|Attractions:||Forbidden City Temple of Heaven Tiananmen Square|
|Budget Class||Standard Class||Deluxe Class|
|Beijing||Traveler Inn Huaqiao||Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel||ChangAn Grand Hotel|
|Price ( per person, in US dollars)|
|1 person||2 persons||3 persons||4 persons||5 persons||6-9 persons||Single Room Supplement|
* Round-way transfer by air-con vehicle between your Shanghai address and Shanghai train station;
* Two-night hotel accommodation (double sharing) in Beijing with buffet breakfast in hotel;
* Transfer service by air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver in Beijing;
* Entrance tickets to attractions as specified in the itinerary;
* Excellent English-speaking tour guide service in Beijing;
* Meals (Chinese food) as specified in the itinerary);
* Round-way tickets of high-speed train between Shanghai and Beijing (2nd-class tickets; If you are requiring 1st-class tickets there will be extra US62/person incurred);
- * Your Shanghai hotel/apartment room rate;
* Any sightseeing, meal or service which is not specified above;
* Gratuities to your tour guide or the driver;