Sera means "hailstone" in Tibetan. Set at the foot of the Wudu Hill to the north of Lhasa City, Sera is comprised of a great sutra chanting hall and a college. Situated at three kilometers away from to a northern suburb of Lhasa, Sera Monastery was founded in 1419 by Jamchen Choje, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of Gelugpa Sect. The monastery was erected on a mountain slope. Sera Monastery together with Ganden Monastery and Drepung Monastery in Lhasa are known as the Three Great Monasteries of Tibet.
- Our Price: from US$1810Most Popular Cities & Yangtze River 20 Day Tour
- Our Price: from US$995Lhasa-Gyangtse-Shigatse-Dingri-Everest Base Camp 10 Day Tour
- Our Price: from US$1350Tibet 8 Day Tour Package
- Our Price: from US$425Lhasa-Namtso Lake 5 Day Group Tour
- Our Price: from US$798Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse-Mt.Everest 8 Day Group Tour